This year on March 21, as the days start to get longer and the first warm breezes start to appear, this isn’t just a new beginning for the weather forecast. It’s also the perfect occasion for Music Maker to take a new direction! The loop-based music production software that’s already been established on the market for over 20 years is available as of now to download as a free full version. We’ll tell you what the new Music Maker has to offer and what changes there have been.
Is the new free Music Maker fully functioning?
With the free version of Music Maker, we want to present a product that makes music production available to everyone. The version here is fully functioning and has all the functions required to produce a song.
For example, you can record your instruments through audio with a microphone. Alternatively, you can play your music ideas using a MIDI controller and edit these afterwards using the MIDI editor.
Which features does Music Maker have?
The Music Maker bundle contains the following:
- 1 soundpool – Listen to the demos:
- 425 sounds & loops
- 3 software instruments
- 8 tracks
- 8 effects (including Chorus, Echo, WahWah, Flanger)
As the main features, we’ll take a closer look at the 3 software instruments.
- With Revolta 2, you’ll get a synthesizer containing various filters, oscillators, and modulation options which you can use to create your own basses, lead synths and sounds. In addition to this, there are 16 basis presets for techno, hip hop and electronic music for you to choose to help realize your new ideas.
- With its powerful and dynamic sounds, the Concert Grand LE is versatile and is suited to both pop, classical and hip hop productions. Here you can hear how the Concert Grand sounds in a pop production:
- With the VITA 2 Sample Player, you can control different elements from the sample library. Here you can also use the Acoustic Drum Kit & Percussion sound library You can get a feel for this in the soundpool demos mentioned above!
Will the other versions of Music Maker like Live and Premium disappear?
The well-known Music Maker Live and Premium versions will still exist as separate editions. Music Maker Plus is a version that sits in-between Music Maker and Music Maker Live.
A detailed comparison can be found on our Produkt-Übersicht:
Can I add extra soundpools and functions in the new free Music Maker?
Yes, you can! With the new Music Maker Store, you’ll have instant access to extra soundpools, virtual instruments and presets. These can easily be added through the Store to increase your musical repertoire in just a few clicks.
You can find a detailed article about the Music Maker Store hier.
Have fun making music! Here’s the new Music Maker!